From eating less to exercising more, we tend to focus exclusively on losing fat when our goal is fat loss. Seems obvious, right? Our brain’s intuitive nature for fat loss is to devise strategies to shrink or lose fat on our body.
Here’s the problem, our body is smarter than our brain. When our brain tries to outthink our body, our body reacts.
Here are a couple examples:
1. Our brain tells us to eat less than our body needs. Our body reacts by getting rid of our lean mass and not just body fat.
2. Our brain tells us to exercise more than what we need. Our body reacts by over-stimulating certain systems in the body, resulting in chronic stress and muscle loss.
For every dietary and exercise strategy we employ, our body is going to respond.
So, what if instead of trying to lose weight, we make the goal to become healthy?
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.
For years people have been told that losing weight is all about willpower. However, those who have tried many different strategies with mixed results have realized it’s more than just willpower. Hormones, genetics, medications, underactive thyroids, age, stress, and specific health issues are some of the many reasons why we gain weight and have trouble losing it.
Leaders in sports, business and personal growth constantly discuss the process that leads to results. In sports, teams don’t just show up and win, businesses don’t just open their doors and magically make money and people don’t just turn 21 and have all the answers. Teams, businesses and individuals have all embraced the process to find success.
Successful fat loss is no different. Losing 5, 10, 20, 100 pounds doesn’t happen overnight, but rather is a result of the process. By focusing on improving the various problems that cause weight gain and inflammation we can improve our health and our waistline.
Eating for health in 3 ways:
1. Hormonal Balance
2. Improving Digestion
3. Decreasing Inflammation
• Eating foods that minimize or eliminate spikes in fat storage hormones such as insulin and restoring appetite regulating hormones such as leptin will transform your health.
• Performing exercise centered around total muscle fiber activation and recruitment without subjecting your body to prolonged exposure to stressor hormones will transform your health.
• Eliminating allergenic foods that can potentially trigger autoimmune responses, bloating, allergic reactions, brain fog, mood swings, and fatigue will transform your health.
• Eating only foods that promote proper digestion in your body will transform your health.
• Eating foods that do NOT trigger an inflammatory response, high blood pressure and high cholesterol will transform your health.
Eating foods and exercising with these strategies in mind is the process that will not only make you healthier, but also deliver the fat loss solution you want. The Metabolic Comeback, found only at The Exercise Coach, is built around these core principles. Our nutrition and exercise program is designed to improve the way you look, feel and function, and the results will be in your health and around your waist.